Registered Architect with over 15 years experience in design development, coordination and production of construction documentation, and construction administration. Managed the design and construction of a wide variety of high-end residential, commercial and institutional projects, such as large-scale hotel and residential building design, major hotel renovations, multiplex theaters, corporate interiors, automotive dealerships, schools, science laboratories, medical offices, and senior housing, with construction costs of up to $152 million. In addition, have broad hands-on building experience.
Gwathmey Siegel Kaufman & Assoc. Architects/Gene Kaufman Arch. PC, NY, NY 2012 – 2013
Project Manager / Senior Project Architect: Responsible for large-scale hospitality and residential projects. Developed project scope and schedule; performed zoning analysis and prepared schematic and final designs; coordinated the production of complete sets of construction documents and specifications with multi-discipline consultant coordination. Significant project:
• 85 Flatbush Avenue Ext. Hotel & Residential Tower, Brooklyn, NY – Project Manager of a new 145,000sf, 12 story hotel and residential building. The project scope consists of the following:
• 176 guestroom hotel and 69 rental apartments
• 3,741sf restaurant
• 3,800sf biergarten and bar
• 3,811sf ballroom
• 1,341sf gym
• 2,726sf roof terrace for residence
Stantec, (formally Vollmer Associates), New York, NY 2007 – 2012
Project Manager / Senior Project Architect: Worked on a variety of large-scale projects such as hotel renovations, site development and consultant work for New York City agencies including NYCSCA, DCAS & DDC. Developed scope, schedule, and budget for complex projects; prepared feasibility studies, permit applications, schematic and final designs; coordinated the production of complete sets of construction documents and specifications. Attended weekly construction meetings, responded to RFI’s, and conducted field inspections to maintain project scope, schedule, budget, and quality. Significant projects included:
• Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers, New York, NY – Assistant Project Manager of an interior renovation to a 52 story, 1,780 guest-room hotel with construction cost of over $152 million. Project scope was as follows:
• Infrastructure upgrade from a 2 pipe to a 4 pipe heating and cooling system.
• Renovation to all 1780 guestrooms including junior suites and two presidential suites, public elevator lobbies, corridors and Club loung.
• Modifying 89 ADA guestroom layouts to meet ADAAG 2010 and ANSI 117.1.
• Provided fulltime onsite construction support, coordinated closely with multiple disciplines, contractors and client representative.
• United Parcel Service, Springfield Gardens, NY – Senior Project Architect for the redevelopment of a 9.44 acre parcel with a 104,000sf distribution facility, vehicle repair garage, fuel island and guard booth. Developed the site and building designs, coordinated with multiple disciplines. Estimated construction cost of $35 million.
• New York City Hall, New York, NY – Senior Project Architect for developing the scope of work through field surveys for the historic restoration of the New York City Hall Council Chambers and office spaces.
• NYCSCA – Senior Project Architect on several Capital Improvement Projects for the New York School Construction Authority. Worked on project scope development, coordinated the production of design and construction drawings and provided construction administration services. Projects included:
• Junior High School 123, Bronx, NY - Flood Elimination/ Exterior Masonry/ Auditorium Upgrade/ Parapet
• Fashion Industries High School, Manhattan, NY - FY08 Reso A Science Lab Upgrade
• P.S. 21, Bronx, NY - Playground Redevelopment
Gallagher Homburger Gonzalez Architects PLLC, Huntington, NY2005 – 2007
Project Architect: Worked on a wide variety of projects ranging from high end residential to commercial. Started from developing conceptual into preliminary and final designs; prepared architectural review board presentations; produced complete sets of construction documents; prepared permit applications; held construction meetings; responded to RFI’s; and conducted field inspections to assure project quality, meet the schedule and budget.
Significant projects included:
• Bentley Motors and Lamborghini Long Island – Designed a new 60,960sf dealership located in Jericho, NY. Construction cost of $9.5 million.
• Enzo Bio Chem – Designed and produced construction drawings for the new corporate headquarters and diagnostic testing facility in Farmingdale, NY. Construction cost of $4.5 million.
Ellen Roche Architect, Oyster Bay, NY2003 – 2005
Project Architect: Worked on projects ranging from interior millwork design to major residential alterations. Developed design drawings, specifications, renderings, prepared complete sets of construction documents, prepared and submitted permit applications to building departments, made site visits throughout construction phases to assure quality control. Significant projects included:
• Nelson Demille Residence Interiors, Garden City, NY – Designed and produced drawings for the interiors of a newly constructed Tudor style residence.
• Shore Residence, New York, NY – Redesigned a 2,300sf Fifth Avenue apartment and obtained historic board approval. Construction cost of $1.5 million.
• Oyster Bay Main Street Association, Oyster Bay, NY – Volunteered and provided design services to maintain local historical asthetic and value for local businesses in Oyster Bay, NY
James Thomas Martino Architect P.C. A.I.A., Port Washington, NY1998 – 2003
Junior Architect / Project Architect: Worked on design drawings and design review board presentations including solid models and 3D renderings, produced construction documents, prepared permit applications for submissions, and attended numerous construction meetings to assure projects would meet strict deadlines.
Significant projects included:
• Crown Theatres - Project Architect on several multiplex theaters projects for Crown Theaters. Prepared the design and construction drawings for theaters of up to 85,000sf. Developed theater layouts for up to 17 screens with one IMAX screen. Scope of work included providing maximum seating layouts while complying with ADA requirements, meeting THX recommendations for seating slope and distance from screens, coordinating all engineering disciples, site design layout which included parking, walkways, curb cuts and signage locations.
• Crown Theatres – Hartford, CT, 78,890sf 16 THX screen with one IMAX screen
• Crown Theatres – Jupiter, FL, 78,482sf 16 THX screen with one IMAX screen
• Crown Theatres – Miami, FL, 76,337sf 18 screen
• Multi Centro, Centro Commercial Cinelandia Theater, Panama City, Panama – Designed a theater layout for a new mall, coordinated with the architects in Panama City to insure the design was compatible with the mall design.
• St. John’s Episcopal Church School, Huntington, NY – Designed an addition to an elementary school and redesigned the existing school façade. In addition, designed and coordinated the restoration of the existing church façade and bell tower.
-Roxanne Management Corp., 29 Barstow Medical Center, Great Neck, NY - Designed the new corporate headquarters including the renovation of existing public hallways, building entrance lobby, developed a new site design which provided additional parking spots, and a new landscape design.
V & P Home Improvement Corp. Flushing, NY1996 – 1998
General Contractor: Constructed new homes and additions. Gained hands-on construction experience in masonry, framing, concrete work, waterproofing, and finish millwork. Worked with the client and architects to insure project progress and quality control. Prepared bid proposals for new homes and additions, coordinated and scheduled sub contractors and inspections, purchased building materials, supervised construction and crews of up to twenty trade workers.
1996 – 2002 Bachelor of Architecture, New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury, NY
- Project Management
- Architectural Design & Construction Administration
- Software: AutoCAD R14 – 2012; Revit; Adobe Photoshop and Ac…
- and PowerPoint. Quick Books Pro. Photography: Experienced w…
- developing/printing film and photo retouching. Mis